My Mama and Summing Up the Ancestors

My mama...she was so beautiful. On January 26, 2013 she will have been gone for 8 years. How I loved her so. I was her only daughter. 

It has taken me a long while to mourn her and I finally feel as if I have truly made a deep shift of her having left this earth. My grieving has been intense for I was not only grieving her, I have been grieving my father, my husband, and the fact that my two children, my sons are now flying their own wings in this life. I am sure they are figuring out what they are all about...as they are so far away from me.

I sprouted wings while she was alive, but I never was far and she and I were so very close. I felt the need to be by her. She was of great comfort and full of wisdom when I needed it. She was a beautiful and loving grandmother. 

Yet, now...Maria is all on her own, truly now 
discovering her own wings.

Well, what does all of this have to do with summing up the ancestors you may be asking? I shall share...

The other night I was watching "La Amistad." If you have not seen this movie, I highly recommend it. There are Mende slaves that were captured off the East Coast of what encompossed the North and the South of the United States at that time and they are imprisoned. They had successfully overtaken the ship and left two men alive to get them back to Africa.

At this time, in the North and the South of what would become, the United States one could only buy a slave that had already been on a plantation, for example from Cuba. The case was successfully tried and won in the two lower courts by an unknown yet successful attorney at law. Because it was an election year the President at that time Martin Van Buren was persuaded to take the case to the highest court in the land, the Supreme Court. John Quincy Adams was at last willing to take on the case. 

Cinque, the leader of the captured slaves, is stunning, all feel now that all is lost and they will be hanged. Cinque felt differently for he expressed to the former President Adams that he will summon his ancestors and they must come to help. It their duty and they are the reason that he is alive.

Watching this movie again was a huge turning point for me in my current life. I have been summing up my ancestors in Mexico for I have traveled their three times since everyone has left. Twice to the land of my mother's ancestors. I even buried some of my parent's ashes there. 

On my grandmother's side I have Otomi Indian blood. I also come from a very strong line of revolutionaries, Don Miguel Hidalgo, the most famous person in Mexican history, for he led the independence against Spain. He was humble, brave, a priest, and desired all to be free. My grandmother's father fought in the revolution which began in 1910.

I feel that now my mother and my ancestors have been with me as I have struggled with my grief and the redefining of who is Maria.
They shall continue to be with me. I come from strong stock, and for this I am very grateful, and very proud. So tomorrow do not only honor my beautiful mother, I honor as well, my amazing ancestors who have, and continue to help me shape my spirit, heart, and soul. I thank you mama and all those before me in my beloved Mexico...
"



I thank all of my beloved readers for your reading of my writings. You are with me in my heart...

I do highly suggest the movie "La Amistad."

Musical Selection: "Vuele Libre Paloma" by Mana.

http://youtu.be/2RdGZ0puskQ

The lead singer of Mana wrote this song after his mother passed away.

Love and peace to all...Maria Juarez Beam (Boheme)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so very much. I apologize for not replying sooner. I have been recovering some health issues and now preparing for an operation. I do appreciate your reading and your commenting. Paz y amor, Maria

      Delete

Be not afraid I go before you always lyrics.

MAY THIS SONG GUIDE AND BLESS YOU. I LOVE IT, IT IS SO VERY BEAUTIFUL...