Rebels, Champions of Peace...The Zapatistas & Subcomandante Insurgente Marcos

This is an older post that I thought I would share. I have much more to share...this is only the beginning. May you enjoy the journey with me...

Perhaps you have heard of the Zapatistas in Chiapas, Mexico...

Perhaps you have not...

The Zapatistas, also know as EZLN...Erecito Zapatista de Liberacion National...

If you have then, you have been blessed with a gift of knowing of such incredible peoples...

People who had faced some of the greatest challenges and overcame...still overcoming difficulties, but strong and never giving up...

These are true champions & people of true heart...

Pictured above is Subcomandate Insurgente Marcos who had/has been the leader of the Zapatista Movement...

He is a gifted man of great words, of love & care, & concern for all of the world's oppressed, of a lion's & a lamb's heart...

It was January 1st, 1994 when the true rebellion began...when NAFTA had been in first effect...

Chiapas is the southern most state of Mexico and the most impoverished...

Indigenous Mayan Indians had been farming the land for thousands of years...

Yet, NAFTA would take this away...

With the assistance of United States weaponry, the Mexican Government & military invaded the State of Chiapas to overrun the rebellion & to take over land...

Heartbreaking and unconscionable...

I will share with you what I remember of this time, also the activism that I became involved in, and also some links and some more history. Yet, for tonight, I must say goodnight. I always begin thinking that I will finish, but then I realize that in order to do any of my pieces their due justice...I need my sleep for after my medication kicks in for my epilepsy, I am one sleepy girl. I thank all of you for your patience and understanding.

This is part of my series of oppressed peoples around the globe, either past or present...yet, not in the future. In this, I have great hope. I realize I still need to finish a piece about American Indians, which I shall complete. I felt compelled to write about the Zapatistias at this time.

So for now good night & I shall return tomorrow to hopefully complete this piece. In the meantime I shall attach a few links, pics, and words of Zapatista wisdom...:)

All my love as always, Maria

Maria Juarez Beam...Paz y amor por siempre

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/01/20111183946608868.html



“We hold a dialogue to find a peaceful solution to the conflict. That's why we hold a dialogue.” Subcomandante Marcos...Quote courtesy of http://thinkexist.com/quotes/subcomandante_marcos/


"You have to give people hope.." Subcomandante Marcos SOURCE: Guardian Unlimited 2012-10-
15 11:11:00
Quotes courtesy of http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Subcomandante-Marcos/quotes/






PAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid I go before you always lyrics.

MAY THIS SONG GUIDE AND BLESS YOU. I LOVE IT, IT IS SO VERY BEAUTIFUL...