"Flightless Bird"

I am a "flightless bird," longing to soar...

This broken body, this broken brain, and this broken heart...

No longer permit me to soar...



The freedom of a bird, of me, has always, been a part...

Yet, my life's trials, my infirmity, have me grounded, no longer in flight, inside I roar...

I feel, not sorry for myself, I feel only the sadness, of what, the freedom a bird, in flight feels...

 But no longer can do...


Without one´s wings, there is no strength, nor the ability to fly...

It leaves the soul feeling of blue...

And, leaves the heart, a river to cry...

Yet, acceptance must come...

In order for me to be true...

To that part of me, that is so strong, and not leave it to remain numb...

It is a most difficult feat to achieve...

But, achieve it I must...

For, I am far too free, to allow my spirit, to rust..

To keep the hope alive in me...

That this "flightless bird," 

Shall once again be set free...

To soar the skies and to truly be me...




With great love to all,

Maria Joan Juarez Hidalgo Beam (Boheme)

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." Langton Hughs 

"Take these broken wings and learn to fly." Paul McCartney

"My life has crept so long on a broken wing Through cells of madness, haunts of horror and fear, That I come to be grateful at last for a little thing." Alfred Lord Tennyson


Quotes Courtesy of AZquotes.com


Musical Selection: "Flightless Bird" American Mouth
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid I go before you always lyrics.

MAY THIS SONG GUIDE AND BLESS YOU. I LOVE IT, IT IS SO VERY BEAUTIFUL...