A Tattered Rose Can be a Beautiful Gift

There is one vital 

concept that I have 

grown to learn over 

these past tremendous 

years of my life; there is 

not one thing we can 

take for granted in our lives. This is a very difficult lesson to learn, 

and I have stumbled and fallen many a time, until one day this 

realization alas sunk in. It came to me one day when I was walking 

out and about. I saw a woman in a wheelchair coming up on a 

corner. I could see that it was a struggle to get up to the corner so 

that she could wait for the light to cross the street, yet she 

continued on as if it were rote. I was awe struck at this woman's 

seemingly acceptance of her fate of being in a wheelchair: they 

seemed to be one. I was inspired by her simplicity along with a 

fierce determination.



I myself, at that time, had been literally falling and hurting myself 

quite a bit. I have epilepsy you see, and due to the enormous 

amount of stress in my life at this time, my seizure disorder was taking over 

my life. 

I had to give up my driver's license, give up my beloved 

cycling, give up jogging, and I was very fortunate at that time to be 

able to walk, but this in and of itself was a deeming challenge. My 

legs had become my source of transportation, my freedom, yet, that 

freedom was being threatened by injuries due to the countless falls 

I had been having.


Seeing this woman on the corner spoke to me very deep inside. A 

voice from within whispered, "Maria, you must take great care with 

each and every step, with each and every action or you too could be 

bound to a chair." Two years later, it nearly happened, what this 

celestial voice rang to me. One fall too many had left me unable to 

walk. I was not in a chair, but I could have been. By the grace of a 

greater power than I, a gentle soul took care of me. He bathed me,  

he fed me, and he massaged my body and my limbs so that I could 

get up and walk again.

I am walking today and I take 

great care with each and every 

step. I am thankful for every 

foot that I am able to put before 

the next. 

I shall never forget the 

amazing woman on the corner, my amazing friend with his gentle 

soul, and the heavenly voice that spoke to me that incredible day. 

My being able to walk, is a beholden gift, and I shall be thankful 

for this treasure. I shall not take it for granted, but I shall bless it 

each time I walk, at night before sleep, or anytime I feel the need to 

be grateful for the gift of walk..



CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE AS IF YOU LIVE IT EACH MOMENT...JUBILATE AT ALL THE SIMPLICITY OF LIFE...WALK...TALK WITH A STRANGER...REACH OUT A HAND...GAZE UPON THE STARS...THANK YOU BODY...KISS YOUR HANDS AND BE GRATEFUL THAT THEY ARE A PART OF YOU...Be well all of my beloved readers, be well...all of my love to you always, Maria
Maria Juarez Beam (Boheme)...Paz y amor!

Musical Selection: "Grateful--A Love Song to the World"
Empty Hands Music-- Nimo. Feat. Daniel Nahmod

https://youtu.be/sO2o98Zpzg8


I dedicate this writing to my beloved friend, Brian Wynn, for without him, I would not be walking. I miss you Brian and I love you. I know you are looking down upon all who you love...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid I go before you always lyrics.

MAY THIS SONG GUIDE AND BLESS YOU. I LOVE IT, IT IS SO VERY BEAUTIFUL...